It's Credit Union Youth Month!
Posted on 4/2/2021
April is National Credit Union Youth Month!
Adventures come in all shapes and sizes, but one thing they all have in common is a great plan. Y-12 FCU is committed to helping those plans get off the ground with new products, learning modules, and a commitment to our youngest credit union members whose adventures are just beginning.
Whether you’re little one is just starting out, or maybe you need help getting refocused on your own adventure, we’ll be sharing new resources, tips, and exciting opportunities for everyone on their own unique journey.
Youth Month Savings Challenge
We are having a Savings Challenge for National Credit Union Youth Month.
The first 100 members to open a new Jump Start Savings Account and save $100 by April 30th
will receive a $20 bonus1
Scholarships make college dreams a reality for many students. That’s why we’re proud to bring you the EverFI Financial Literacy Bee. Compete for the opportunity to win up to $10,000 in college scholarships by completing the 4-part challenge! Get started today!
Take your Financial Development to the Next Level
No matter where you are on your financial journey, we have tools and resources to help move you forward. Our Achieve for K12
program is a fun and interactive way to engage in learning essential financial skills to help on your journey.
Jump Start Savings
Jump start your next adventure! We want to help you build a solid foundation to provide everything needed to take the first step towards financial freedom and independence. With Jump Start Savings at Y-12 FCU, we can help your money grow fast by earning 2.00% annual percentage yield (APY)2
on your first $5,000.
Benefits of a Jump Start Savings:
- A Y-12 FCU Jump Start Savings account can earn 2.00% annual percentage yield on the first $5,0002
- Jump Start Savings Account is for ages 0-23
- Only $1 to open an account and establish credit union membership
- $0 monthly service fees
- FREE online and mobile banking3
- FREE financial education tailored to early learners and savers
Visit any branch
to open your Jump Start Savings today!
“Adventure Cents” mason jar - 5 inch template
, 7 inch template
DIY Piggy Bank contest rules
1. Savings Challenge bonus is for new deposits only. Bonus will be deposited to your Y-12 FCU account. The first 100 members to open a new Jump Start Savings Account and save $100 by April 30th
will receive a $20 bonus deposited to your Y-12 FCU account by May 31, 2021.
2. APY is Annual Percentage Yield and is for the first $5,000 to be determined quarterly. Rate is effective as of April 1, 2021. Balance over $5,000 continues to earn the regular share savings rates. View our current rates.
A Jump Start Saving Account is for ages 0 to 23 only. If under 18, the child must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who will sign as a joint-account owner. The account balance will be automatically transferred to a primary share savings account when the member reaches age 24.
3. Third party fees may apply.