Run by and for the Students, in partnership with Y-12 Federal Credit Union.
In 2009, Y-12 FCU partnered with two schools to open our first student-run branches. That program has grown to include 9 high schools and 3 middle schools. Thousands of students have had the opportunity to open credit union accounts, to learn about establishing good financial habits, and many have gained hands-on experience working as volunteer Member Service Consultants.
Students who are selected to work in our student-run in school branches can expect to develop the following skills:
- Resume writing and interviewing techniques
- Professionalism and team work
- Responsibility and leadership skills
- Increased student confidence
- Money counting
- Importance of healthy savings habits
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Increased math skills and more
In addition, student workers will qualify to apply for paid interships at Y-12 Federal Credit Union. We also support our schools through financial education programs for ALL students.
Benefits of having a Student-Run Credit Union Branch:
- Y-12 Federal Credit Union gives you the first $1.00 for opening up a savings account.
- No minimum amount required to start your WOW debit account.
- Opportunity to earn a $10.00 incentive every quarter for using your WOW account responsibly.
- No fees for youth accounts.
- Qualify for Youth Certificate with minimum $100 deposit, unlimited deposits and one-time $20 bonus.
- One-time $5 bonus for E-statement enrollment
- Awesome mobile app
- Eligible for special promotions and giveaways at your school branch.
- Gift on your birthday
- Eligible to earn scholarships from Y-12 Federal Credit Union as a senior in high school.
For more information about our school branch program, please contact our Financial Outreach Team