Impact (ages 13 up to 18)
Y-12 Federal Credit Union offers financial services and education geared towards students ages 13 up to 18. We call it Impact
, and it provides everything needed to take the first step towards financial freedom and independence.
With Impact, students can open an easy and convenient savings account and also learn valuable lessons related to making, saving and spending money. It’s the perfect financial program for someone just starting out, or anyone looking for cost-effective financial services designed specifically with students in mind.
Impact savings account members will receive:
- Opening gift with new membership
- Monthly statement to teach teens the importance of financial management
- Discount on reloadable VISA cards (personalized or non-personalized). Cost is $3.95 apiece (normally $5.95 apiece)
- Youth certificate (12 month term, $100 minimum) designed to motivate teens to save money
- Impact birthday card redeemable for free gift
Students can open an account with a minimum initial $5 deposit. Anyone who joins Impact can remain a member of the credit union for life - no matter where he/she lives (as long as the account remains in good standing). Accounts and Services Available for Impact Members: