Y-12 Federal Credit Union offers financial services and education geared towards students ages 13 up to 18. We call it Impact, and it provides everything needed to take the first step towards financial freedom and independence.
With Impact, students can open an easy and convenient savings account and also learn valuable lessons related to making, saving and spending money. It’s the perfect financial program for someone just starting out, or anyone looking for cost-effective financial services designed specifically with students in mind.
Impact savings account members will receive:
- Opening gift with new membership
- Monthly statement to teach teens the importance of financial management
- Discount on reloadable VISA cards (personalized or non-personalized). Cost is $3.95 apiece (normally $5.95 apiece)
- Youth certificate (12 month term, $100 minimum) designed to motivate teens to save money
- Impact birthday card redeemable for free gift
Students can open an account with a minimum initial $5 deposit. Anyone who joins Impact can remain a member of the credit union for life - no matter where he/she lives (as long as the account remains in good standing). Accounts and Services Available for Impact Members:
- Impact members can open our FREE checking account (no minimum deposit) and receive a free CheckLink debit card. We’ll also give you the first box of checks free (select styles) to get you started!
- Impact members can access their account 24 hours a day, seven days a week using our Online Banking service. You can check account activity, transfer funds between your accounts or request a check from an account.
- All Impact members will have a regular share account that requires a $5 minimum balance. This savings account can be accessed any time with no withdrawal penalty. We have many other investment options for teens who want to save more, including our Youth Certificate. Just ask one of our member service representatives to help find the right account for you!